Chicago Housing Quarterly is the city’s only neighborhood-level real estate market report.
Chicago Housing Quarterly is a neighborhood-level market report showing median selling prices and sales volume for each of 20 top Chicago neighborhoods. The report also includes state- and city-level economic and housing indicators. CHQ is available FREE to e-mail subscribers each quarter. It is delivered approximately one month after each quarter ends.
Anyone who has an interest in the housing market in Chicago will benefit from Chicago Housing Quarterly. It is the only publication that shows sales prices and sales volume for condominiums and single family homes across Chicago’s 20 top neighborhoods. It also shows key national and regional housing and economic indicators like building permits, employment, consumer confidence, and a detailed breakdown of the region’s Case-Shiller index.
The report is helpful for:
- Real estate agents looking to educate clients and make informed decisions
- Home buyers and sellers looking to gauge market conditions
- Real estate investors
- Home builders
- Media & neighborhood bloggers
- Economic data
- Employment & unemployment for Illinois, Chicago metro, and the U.S.
- Consumer sentiment
- National & regional real estate data
- NAR existing home sales
- Freddie Mac mortgage rates for 30-year, 15-year, and 5-year adjustable loans.
- Case-Shiller indices, including the condo index, and index values for low, middle, and high tiers
- FHFA home price index for Fannie/Freddie backed mortgages (Chicago region & nationally)
- Chicago building permits for multifamily and single family units
- For 20 select Chicago neighborhoods and the city as a whole:
- Median price for condominiums/townhomes and single family homes
- Number of sales for condominiums/townhomes and single family homes
PDF copies of Chicago Housing Quarterly are released approximately one month after the quarter ends, approximately the first week of February, May, August, and November.
A PDF version of the report is available free to all users for their individual use. However, we offer a subscription to the underlying data, which is delivered in MS Excel, which can be put to many uses. The workbook includes all source data and charts formatted just as they appear in the PDF, which you are free to modify in any way you like and distribute to your customers and clients, such as on your web site, in your newsletter, or as printed handouts to your clients.
This is perfect for those that wish to reproduce the data in their own marketing or just explore the underlying data even more. (Data will be provided where it is in the “public domain”; however, some data may not be available due to agreements with vendors.)
Each quarter, affiliates will receive a custom-produced Chicago Housing Quarterly report with their own photo, logo, marketing, and contact information. This is ideal for agents who want to provide market data to clients without having to pull the data each quarter. Use Chicago Housing Quarterly as a way to start conversations with potential clients or to maintain relationships with past ones. E-mail email@example.com for more information.